IGCAR Recruitment 2022: Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research (IGCAR) is inviting applications for the posts of Junior Research Fellow (JRF). IGCAR is inviting applications from young, talented, and motivated students to contribute towards advanced research in frontier areas of engineering/science/technology under the streams of physical, chemical, and engineering sciences.
About Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research (IGCAR): Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research [IGCAR], the second largest establishment of the Department of Atomic Energy next to Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, was set up at Kalpakkam, 80 KMs south of Chennai [MADRAS], in 1971 with the main objective of conducting a broad-based multidisciplinary program of scientific research and advanced Engineering, directed towards the development of sodium cooled Fast Breeder Reactor [FBR] technology, in India.
This is part of the second stage of the Indian Atomic Energy Programme, which is aimed at preparing the country for utilization of the extensive Thorium reserves and providing means to meet the large demands of electrical energy in the 21st century. In meeting the objectives, a modest beginning was made by constructing a sodium-cooled Fast Breeder Test Reactor [FBTR], with a nominal power of 40 MWt, based on the French Reactor, RAPSODIE.
IGCAR Recruitment 2022 – Apply for 60 JRF Posts
Name of the Post: Junior Research Fellow (JRF)
Total Posts: 60 Posts
Category-wise Number of Posts:
Physical Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Engineering Sciences: 60 Posts
The candidate’s age must be maximum of 28 years. Age is reckoned as of 12-11-2022. Age is relaxable for reserved category candidates.
- OBC Category candidates: 3 years
- SC/ ST Category: 5 years
- PWD Category: 10 years
- Candidates should have consistently good academic records and should have secured a minimum of 55% aggregate at graduation and post-graduation levels from a recognized University. A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade
- Wherever the results are declared as CGPA/GPA, it may be converted to percentages and entered. (The formula prescribed by the institute for conversion to be indicated at the time of verification).
- Candidates who have completed the qualifying degrees are eligible to apply.
- Candidates with five years of integrated M.Sc. degree should have secured a minimum of 55% aggregate in M.Sc./B.S-M.S (Dual degree)
Selected candidates will receive pay according to the stipend mentioned below.
- Direct Ph.D.: Rs. 31,000/- PM (Duration of fellowship: 5 years)
- Integrated Ph.D. [Single Degree]: Rs. 21,000/- PM (Duration of fellowship: 6 years)
- Integrated Ph.D. [Double Degree]: Rs. 21,000/- PM (Duration of fellowship: 7 years)
- Applications will be scrutinized and the suitability of candidates will be decided on the basis of their degree,
academic record / GATE/JEST scores. The cutoff scores (GATE/JEST) to be eligible for a direct interview will be decided by IGCAR. Short-listed suitable candidates under different qualification categories will be further selected based on the cut off Written test or interview
- Written Examination will be held in Chennai only. The results of the written test will be declared
on the same day. Interviews of the candidates who qualify for the written test will be held at IGCAR Kalpakkam
- Summary scrutiny of the application/credentials would be carried out for short-listing of the candidates for the written test and more detailed scrutiny of the credentials leading to the eligibility of the candidate would be done at the final stage of the selection process.
- The Selection Interview for all the shortlisted candidates (those who qualify in the written test as well as for those qualified for the DIRECT interview) will be conducted in person at IGCAR Kalpakkam from 05/12/2022. The recommendation/decision of the Selection Committee will be final and binding
Documents to be carried at the time of the interview:
1. Aadhar Card
2. Educational Qualification Certificate
3. PG marks sheets (all semesters or consolidated mark sheet)
4. Provisional Certificate of qualifying Medicine
5. Reservation certificate (SC, ST, OBC, EWS, XSM, PWD/PH) if applicable.
Documents need to be submitted at the time of the interview:
1. Print out the online application
2. Date of Birth/Proof of age (Certificate)
3. SC/ST/OBC (if applicable)
4. NOC (if applicable)
5. Educational & Professional Qualifications (Certificates & mark sheets)
6. Experience Certificate
7. Any other relevant certificates
No need to pay any kind of application fee for the posts
How to Apply?
- Desirous Aspirants must read the recruitment notification released by the Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research (IGCAR)
- The notification was released for posts to be recruited at various project sites.
- Visit the official website, www.igcar.gov.in, and check the careers tab available in the home page.
- Click on the recruitment notification of the Junior Research Fellow Posts
- Check all the eligibility before applying to the posts.
- After checking your eligibility, click on the Online application form
- Fill out all the particulars in the online application form carefully at the appropriate places.
- Upload a recent copy of the passport-size photograph, signature, and relevant certificates of testimonials at designated positions.
- Pay the requisite amount of the application fee
- Submit the online application form after checking all the details.
- Take a printout copy of the online application form for future reference.
Candidates should take note of important dates before applying to their respective posts.
- Last Date for Submission of Online Application Form: 12th November 2022
- Written test Date: 4th December 2022
- Interview Date: 5th December 2022 to 9th December 2022
- Publication of final list: 12th December 2022
Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research, Department of Atomic Energy, Government of India
|Detailed Notification||Click Here|
|Apply Online||Click Here|
|Go to Home Page||Click Here|