Power Grid Recruitment 2022: Power Grid Corporation of India (PGCIL) is inviting online applications to fill the posts of Field Engineer, and Field Supervisor purely on a temporary and contractual basis for a period of 24 months. The actual engagement may vary depending on the requirements and status of projects.
About Power Grid Corporation of India Limited: POWERGRID, a Maharatna Public Sector Enterprise under the Ministry of Power, Govt. of India and one of the largest Transmission Utilities in the World, is engaged in power transmission business with the mandate for planning, coordination, supervision, and control over complete Inter-State Transmission System. POWERGRID operates around 1,72,876 circuit kms of transmission lines along with 267 Substations (as of 31st August 2022) and wheels about 50% of total power generated in the country through its transmission network. POWERGRID also owns and operates approximately 75,636 km of Telecom Network, with points of presence in approx. 458 locations, points of Interconnections in 780 locations, and an intra-city network in 256 cities across India
Power Grid Engineer Field Engineer, Supervisor Recruitment 2022 – Apply Online @www.powergrid.in
Name of the Post: Field Engineer, Field Supervisor
Total Posts: 800 Posts
Name of the Discipline & Corresponding GATE 2023 Paper
|Post Name||No of Posts|
|Field Engineer (Electrical)||50|
|Field Engineer (Electronics & Communication)||15|
|Field Engineer (IT)||15|
|Field Supervisor (Electrical)||480|
|Field Supervisor (Electronics & Communication)||240|
Candidates’ age should be in between 18-29 years as of 11-12-2022. Age is relaxable for reserved category candidates.
|Field Engineer (Electrical)||Candidates must possess B.Sc/ BE/ B.Tech in Electrical Engineering|
|Field Engineer (Electronics & Communication)||Candidates must possess B.Sc/ BE/ B.Tech in Electronics & Communication Engineering|
|Field Engineer (IT)||Candidates must possess B.Sc/ BE/ B.Tech in Information Technology Engineering|
|Field Supervisor (Electrical)||Candidates must possess Diploma in Electrical Engineering|
|Field Supervisor (Electronics & Communication)||Candidates must possess Diploma in Electronics & Communication Engineering|
Candidates should have a minimum of one year of post-qualification experience in the respective fields.
Selected Candidates will receive pay of about Rs. 30,000/- -3%- 1,20,000 by the recruiting organization.
1. Selection will involve Interviews only, of the eligible and shortlisted candidates. However, the Management reserves the right to raise the minimum eligibility standards/criteria and/or to conduct a screening test, to restrict the number of candidates to be called for Personal Interviews, if so required.
2. Screening test, if conducted, shall be for elimination purposes only and will not have any weightage in final merit.
3. The scheme of the test would be as follows:
a) The test would be of 1-hour duration
b) Sections and Number of questions:
i. Technical Knowledge Test – 50 questions based on the Engineering syllabus in the relevant discipline.
ii. Aptitude Test – 25 questions based on Logical reasoning, data interpretation, comprehension, vocabulary, data sufficiency, and numerical ability.
c) All questions would be MCQ type with 4 options and carry equal weightage (1 mark each) and there shall be no negative marking.
d) Qualifying marks would be a minimum of 40% for Unreserved including EWS and 30% for reserved vacancies.
4. Qualifying marks in the screening test for the UR category shall be 40% and 30% for the reserved category.
5. Candidates who qualify for the test will be shortlisted and called for an interview based on their performance in the screening test.
6. The merit will be drawn purely on the basis of performance in the Interview.
Documents to be needed while submission:
- Aadhar Card: Format: PDF, Size: Less than 1MB.
- Qualifying 10th Class, BE/ B.Tech Certificates
- Passport size photograph: JPEG, Size: Less than 200KB (“3.5* 4.5”).
- Bank Accounts details.
- Valid personal Email ID.
- Mobile number (will be required to send/verify OTP).
Documents need to be submitted at the time of the interview:
1. One set of Photocopy/Xerox copies of all the above Certificates
2. Recent copies of Passport size photographs.
Candidates must pay an application fee of about Rs. 400/- for Field Engineer Posts, Rs. 300/- for Field Supervisor Posts
How to Apply?
- Desirous Aspirants must read the recruitment notification released by Power Grid Corporation of India Limited (PGCIL)
- The notification was released by the Recruitment department of Power Grid Corporation of India Limited (PGCIL)
- Visit the official website, https://www.powergrid.in/, and check the Recruitment tab
- Click on the recruitment notification of Field Engineer, Field Supervisor Posts
- Check all the eligibility before applying to the posts.
- Only candidates with a Valid educational qualifications are only eligible to apply.
- After checking your eligibility, click on the Online application form
- Fill out all the particulars in the online application form carefully at the appropriate places.
- Upload a recent copy of the passport-size photograph, signature, and relevant certificates of testimonials at designated positions.
- Submit the online application form after checking all the details.
- Take a printout copy of the online application form for future reference.
Commencement of Online Submission of Application: 21-11-2022
The last date for Online submission of Application: is 11-12-2022
The cut-off date for the purpose of Upper Age Limit & Post Qualification Work Experience: is 11-12-2022
Power Grid Corporation of India, A Government of India Enterprise
|Detailed Notification||Click Here|
|Apply Online||Click Here|
|Go to Home Page||Click Here|