Puducherry Transport Department Recruitment 2022: Puducherry Transport Department is inviting online applications from eligible Indian Nationals to fill the post of Junior Engineer/ Assistant Motor Vehicle Inspector under Group B Cadre from the eligible Indian Nationals. Candidates must be physically fit in order to apply for the posts. Desirous candidates must apply online mode.
About Puducherry Transport Department: A separate Transport Office was set up and a Regional Transport Officer took over charge from the Superintendent of Police on 14th Sept. 1966. The Office of the Regional Transport Officer started functioning independently with effect from 1st April 1967. The post of RTO was upgraded to Director of Transport initially and designated as Transport Commissioner subsequently. Consequent to the merger of the Government Automobile Workshop with the Transport Department in November 2013, the Department is in the process of expansion to cope with the Transport-related needs of the public.
Puducherry Transport Department Recruitment 2022 JE 9 Posts
Name of the Post: Junior Engineer/ Assistant Motor Vehicle Inspector
Total Posts: 09 Posts
Category Wise Number of Posts:
- UR: 6 Posts
- OBC: 2 Posts
- SC: 1 Post
Candidates’ age should be in between 18-30 years as of 01-12-2022. Age is relaxable for reserved category candidates. The maximum age limit is prescribed below.
- Candidates must possess a Degree in Automobile/ Mechanical Engineering from a recognized University/ Institute
- Candidates should have valid driving licenses to drive motor vehicles and heavy goods
- Candidates who complete a Diploma in Automobile/ Mechanical Engineering are also eligible to apply
- Candidates should have one year of experience in the automobile workshop or manufacturing unit.
Selected Candidates will receive payment in the pay level – 6 (Rs. 35,400/- PM) by the recruiting organization
- Selection for the posts of Junior Engineer is completely based on their performance in the Combined competitive examination
- The question paper is of Diploma standard. The duration of the examination is 2 hours. The examination comprises 100 questions. Each question carries 1 mark.
- For every wrong answer, 0.25 marks will be deducted from the marks.
- Questions will be bilingual
- General category candidates must secure 35% of marks, 30% of marks for OBC, and 25% for SC Category candidates in order to qualify for th examination
Documents to be carried at the time of the interview:
1. Aadhar Card
2. SSC Marksheet Certificate
3. Provisional Qualifying certificate of Diploma
4. Reservation certificate (SC, ST, OBC, EWS, XSM, PWD/PH) if applicable.
5. Residence Certificate
Documents need to be submitted at the time of the interview:
1. One set of Photocopy/Xerox copies of all the above Certificates
2. Aadhar xerox proof.
3. Recent copies of Passport size photographs.
No need to pay any kind of application fee for the Junior Engineer/ Assistant Motor Vehicle Inspector Posts
How to Apply?
- Desirous Aspirants must read the recruitment notification released by the Puducherry Transport Department
- The notification was released by the Recruitment Dashboard of the Puducherry Transport Department
- Visit the official website, http://recruitment.py.gov.in/, and check the latest announcements on the home page.
- Click on the recruitment notification for Junior Engineer/ Assistant Motor Vehicle Inspector Posts
- Check all the eligibility before applying to the posts.
- After checking your eligibility, click on the Online application form
- Fill out all the particulars in the online application form carefully at the appropriate places.
- Upload a recent copy of the passport-size photograph, signature, and relevant certificates of testimonials at designated positions.
- Pay the requisite amount of the application fee
- Submit the online application form after checking all the details.
- Take a printout copy of the online application form for future reference.
Candidates should take note of important dates before applying to their respective posts.
|Name of the Event||Date|
|Starting Date for Submission of Online Application Form||12-11-2022|
|Last Date for Submission of Online Application Form||11-12-2022|
Puducherry Transport Department, State Transport Authority, Puducherry
|Detailed Notification||Click Here|
|Apply Online||Click Here|
|Go to Sarkari Result||Click Here|