SSC CGL Exam 2022: The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) is inviting online applications to fill the posts of Constable (General Duty) in Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs), SSF, and Rifleman (GD) in
Assam Rifles and Sepoy in Narcotics Control Bureau Examination, 2022. Candidates who completed their Bachelor’s Degree are only eligible to apply for these vacancies. Candidates who are eagerly waiting to secure a job in the Staff Selection Commission can apply for these posts.
About Staff Selection Commission: Staff Selection Commission is an organization under the Government of India to recruit staff for various posts in the various ministries and departments of the government of India and in subordinate offices.
This commission is an attached office of the Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT) which consists of a chairman, two members, and a secretary-cum-controller of examinations. His post is equivalent to the level of additional secretary to the government of India.
The estimates committee in the parliament recommended the setting up of a Service Selection Commission in its 47th report (1967–68) for conducting examinations to recruit lower categories of posts
SSC Recruitment 2022 Constable (GD) Exam 2022
Name of the Post: Constable (GD) Examination 2022
Total Posts: 24369 Posts
Name of the Post, Department & Number of Posts:
NCB: 164 (Total Posts)
|Name of the Police Force||Male Vacancies||Female Vacancies|
|Border Security Force (BSF)||8922||1575|
|Central Industrial Security Force (CISF)||90||10|
|Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF)||8380||532|
|Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB)||1041||243|
|Indo Tibetan Police Force (ITBP)||1371||242|
|National Investigation Academy (NIA)||—||—|
Candidates’ age must be in between 18-23 years as on 01-01-2023. Age is relaxable for reserved category candidates
Relaxation is provided to the reserved category candidates as follows:
- OBC Candidates: 03 Years
- SC/ST Candidates: 05 Years
- PwBD (UR) Candidates: 10 Years
- PwBD (OBC) Candidates: 13 Years
- PwBD (SC/ST) Candidates: 15 Years
- The candidates must have passed Matriculation or the 10th Class Examination from a recognized Board/ University.
- Candidates who have not acquired the essential educational qualification as of the stipulated date will not be eligible and need not apply.
Selected candidates will get paid in the below-mentioned pay range by the recruiting organization
|Name of the Defence Force||Salary (Per Month)|
|BSF||Rs. 21,700 – 69100/-|
|NCB||Rs. 18,000 – 56,900/-|
The recruitment process will consist of Computer Based Examination (CBE), Physical Efficiency Test (PET), Physical Standard Test (PST), Medical Examination (DME/ RME) and Document Verification.
Candidates scoring the following cut-off marks (without adding bonus marks to NCC certificate holders) will be considered eligible for short-listing to the next stage i.e. PET/ PST:
|The qualifying percentage of the candidates according to category wise|
|Maximum percentage of errors allowed|
Male and female candidates will be shortlisted State/ Area-wise and category-wise on the basis of their merit in the Computer Based Examination (including NCC bonus marks, if applicable) for appearing in the PET/ PST. The number of candidates shortlisted for PET/ PST on the basis of their merit in the Computer Based examination will be about 8 (Eight) times of the number of vacancies. More number of candidates can be shortlisted against the vacancies of SSF
The candidates who are successful in the PET/ PST will be considered eligible for short-listing to the next stage i.e. Detailed Medical Examination (DME) and Document Verification (DV).
- General Category candidates must pay an application fee of Rs. 100/-. All other candidates are exempted from the payment of the application fee.
How to Apply?
- Desirous candidates must read the recruitment notification released by the Staff Selection Commission
- The notification was released by the Staff Selection Commission, Government of India
- Visit the official website, www.ssc.nic.in, and check the announcement tab to get a recruitment notification of the SSC Constable (GD) Examination
- Click on the recruitment notification for Constable (General Duty) Examination 2022
- Check all the eligibility before applying to the posts.
- After checking your eligibility, click on the Online application form
- Fill out all the particulars in the online application form carefully at the appropriate places.
- Upload a recent copy of the passport-size photograph, signature, and relevant certificates of testimonials at designated positions.
- Submit the online application form after checking all the details.
- Take a printout copy of the online application form for future reference.
Documents need to be submitted at the time of Submission of the Application Form:
1. Scanned Photo duly signed by the Candidate
2. Scanned Signatures of the Candidate.
3. Scanned copies of mark sheets of Educational Qualifications.
4. Scanned copy of SC/BC-A/BC-B/EWS/ESMiDESM/DFF certificate
5. Scanned copy of PwBD Certificate. (For PwBD).
7. Scanned copy of NOC from the Department
Candidates should make a note of Important Dates while applying online for the posts under Constable (GD) Examination 2022
- Starting Date to Submit the Online Application Form: 27th October 2022
- Last Date to Apply Online & Generation of Offline Challan: 30th November 2022
- Last Date for Online fee Payment: 1st December 2022
- Last Date for Payment through Challan: 1st December 2022
- Schedule of Computer based examination: January 2023
Staff Selection Commission, Block No-12, CGO Complex, Lodhi Road, New Delhi-110003
|Detailed Notification||Click Here|
|Apply Online||Click Here|
|Go to Home Page||Click Here|