WBPSC Junior Engineer Recruitment 2022: West Bengal Public Service Commission (WBPSC) is inviting online applications for the posts of Junior Engineers under various Government departments, and organizations of the Government of West Bengal. Candidates who possess a Diploma in the relevant discipline are eligible to apply. Selected candidates will be recruited on direct recruitment basis.
About West Bengal Public Service Commission: The evolution of the Public Service Commission in India can be traced back to the persistent demands raised by educated Indians for admission into the Indian Civil Service. The Montagu-Chelmsford report incorporated a provision regarding this demand of the Indian Youth and ultimately the Govt. of India Act, 1919 saved the path for the formation of the Public Service Commissions Section 96C of the Govt. of India Act, 1919 provided for the establishment of a Public Service Commission in India to regulate the recruitment and control the public services in India and perform such functions as may be assigned thereto by Rules made by the Secretary of State in Council.
The next significant development in the history of the Public Service Commission in India was the issuance of a White Paper in December 1931 delineating proposals for Indian Constitutional Reforms. The White Paper also contained a blueprint of the Public Service Commissions for the proposed Federation and the provinces. The report of the Joint Committee on Indian Constitutional Reforms (1934) further reiterated the need for setting up a federal PSC and a PSC for each province the Govt. of India Act, 1935 envisaged a Public Service Commission for the federation and a Provincial Public Service Commission for each Province or Group of Provinces.
WBPSC Recruitment 2022 Junior Engineer Posts
Name of the Post: Junior Engineer (Civil/ Mechanical/ Electrical) Examination 2022
Total Posts: Not mentioned
Candidates’ age must not be more than 36 years as of 01-01-2022. Age is relaxable for reserved category candidates.
Candidates must possess Diploma in Civil/ Electrical/ Mechanical Engineering from a recognized University/ Institute.
Candidates with equivalent qualifications are required to produce/submit a certificate of equivalence on or before the date of the interview from the respective issuing authority if they are selected for the interview.
Knowledge of the local language is required.
Selected candidates will get paid according to Rs. 9,000 – 40,500/- + G.P Rs. 4,400/- PM by the recruiting organization
Candidates will get selected for the post of Junior Engineer based on their performance in the screening test followed by a personality test. Marks obtained in Screening Test will not be considered for the preparation of the Merit List for a recommendation. Marks obtained in the Screening Test will only be considered for the selection of candidates for interview for the purpose of restricting the number of candidates to be called for interview to a reasonable limit.
Qualified candidates in the written test must attend a personality test on the prescribed date given by the commission.
Candidates selected on the basis of the results of the Written Examination will be called
for the Interview. There shall be no qualifying marks in the Interview. The final merit list will be prepared on the basis of marks obtained in the Written Examination and Interview taken together
- General Category candidates must pay an application fee of Rs. 160/- through online mode. Fees need to be payable through online mode, i.e. through Net Banking, Credit or Debit Card, etc.
- No fee needs to be paid by Female candidates/ Ex-Servicemen candidates.
How to Apply?
- Desirous candidates must read the recruitment notification released by the West Bengal Public Service Commission.
- The notification was released by the different Government departments of the Government of West Bengal
- Visit the official website, www.wbpsc.gov.in, and check the announcement tab to get a recruitment notification for the WBPSC Junior Engineer Examination 2022
- Check all the eligibility before applying to the posts.
- After checking your eligibility, click on the Online application form
- Fill out all the particulars in the online application form carefully at the appropriate places.
- Upload a recent copy of the passport-size photograph, signature, and relevant certificates of testimonials at designated positions.
- Submit the online application form after checking all the details.
- Take a printout copy of the online application form for future reference.
Documents need to be submitted at the time of Submission of the Application Form:
1. Scanned Photo duly signed by the Candidate
2. Scanned Signatures of the Candidate.
3. Scanned copies of degrees and mark sheets of Educational Qualifications.
4. Scanned copy of SC/BC-A/BC-B/EWS/ESMiDESM/DFF certificate
5. Scanned copy of PwBD Certificate. (For PwBD).
7. Scanned copy of NOC from the Department
Candidates should make a note about Important Dates while applying online for the post of Inspector of Factories
|Name of the Activity||Date|
|Date of Issuance of Notification||16-11-2022|
|Last Date for Submission of Online Application Form||07-12-2022|
|Last Date for Payment of Fee||08-12-2022|
Public Service Commission, West Bengal,
161-A, S. P. Mukherjee Road, Kolkata – 700 026,
|Detailed Notification||Click Here|
|Apply Online||Click Here|
|Go to Home Page||Click Here|